System language and date format makes release management a nightmare

Hey!

I am going nuts with JIRA release management.

To be more specific, I have a problem that JIRA asks me to insert release date for release in format 'd/MMM/yy' and it tries to use Finnish date abbreviations for the month, even when I have tried all sorts of possible combinations of both English and Finnish languages for month November. I think there is some bug in date format which is related to JIRA language preferences.

I don't know where JIRA sets the Finnish language as default. I have changed my Windows language to English, my Chrome language to English and I have checked all possible settings in JIRA System setting and set everything to English. Also, I have checked the date format and set is as dd/MMM/yy, but the release manager specifically asks date format of d/MMM/yy making the release management impossible.

JIRA also tries to translate some of the items to Finnish but not everything, which makes the whole translation automation feel half-done.

If someone could help me with this, I would be more than grateful!

- Jukka

1 answer

0 votes
Peter Scobie Atlassian Team Mar 26, 2018

Hi there, I've raised a bug report for this problem - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-67022

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

463 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you