Synchronizing LDAP with our user directories

Moran Alon August 25, 2015

Hi,
Jira synchronizes the jira user directories (LDAP) with our company's user directory every 60 minutes.
We asks our company's help desk to create new users in our active directory, but we want to them to be able to synchronize the LDAP with our active directory and not wait until it will be synchronize once an hour.
Is there any option to let the users on the help desk (they aren’t jira administrator) the permission to manually synchronize the LDAP with our active directory.
Tanks, Moran Alon.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2015

No, you need to have admin rights to kick off the synchronisation.

itay cohen August 26, 2015

Hi Nic

I Regardless to admin rights .

Can I "Kick"  the synchronization not Via the  Administrator  UI

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2015

You have to go to user directory admin and click synchronise. That facility is not exposed anywhere else.

Shinjani Gaur August 27, 2015

I am using JIRA 6.3.1 and I don't see a synchronize button in User directories. I found it in Confluence but not in JIRA. Does the location of the 'synchronize' button differ between JIRA and Confluence?

Suggest an answer