Synchronize a structure using Custom projects and fields

Deleted user February 22, 2016

Hi,

I am trying to synchronize a structure using Custom projects and fields. Here is what I selected.

image2016-2-22 10:48:37.png

I enable the synchronizer but I can't understand what it does or how it works. I worked with synchronizers a lot but I'm new with this one.

My understanding of this feature is that I can use an issue type to work "as an epic" when it comes to structure synchronization. Is that right?

I read the documentation but I still don't understand how to use this synchronizer. What is an "Epic Field"? What does "Scrum Board Epics" mean?

Can you suggest some documentation that would explain this or can you explain it to me?

Thank you very much!

1 answer

1 vote
Eugene Sokhransky _ALM Works_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2016

Hello Nicolas,

The Agile synchronizer allows you to sync your Structure with one or several JIRA Agile scrum boards (you can sync with Kanban too, but that makes less sense).

Basically it automatically adds to the structure the stories, which being to epics, which are already in the structure.

The Agile board configuration allows you to setup such configuration for one specific board - in this case if you have epics from other boards in your structure, the stories they have won't be pulled it. 

If you want to sync with several boards, it might be easier to use the Custom option and select the projects which the synchronizer should work with.

The epic field setting you have selected is correct as long as you use recent JIRA Agile and don't have any special customisation.

The Epic type allows you to select the issue type that you are using as Epics in your Agile setup. In the default configuration its the actual Epic field.

You can find more details here:

https://wiki.almworks.com/x/hYDR

Please don't hesitate to contact us at support@almworks.com if you have more questions.

Thanks,

Eugene (ALM Works)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events