Synchronization between different locations

Andreas Langwaldt December 8, 2016

We want to roll out JIRA in our worldwide branches.

It is possible to set up JIRA servers at every location, that they synchronize/replicate the content of the databases?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2016

No.  JIRA runs on one single data store and does not support replication.  You could replicate the databases worldwide, but the slaves would be useless for what you're thinking of - they can't be connected to a separate JIRA instance.

Until you go to data-centre, where you really should be co-locating the nodes, not scattering them worldwide.

If you want to share information across JIRA systems, you need to be using separate JIRA installs which talk to each other.  K15t's Backbone will enable a form of replication (I have very good experiences with that) and  Exalate is also worth a look (I haven't used that for a while, so I can't compare it to Backbone)

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 11, 2016

Hi Nic / Christian,

(I'm from Exalate)

We are involved in a 3 way JIRA mirror project pilot at the moment.  Just send a mail to support@exalate.com if you're interested in the outcome of the pilot, or book a meeting on https://exalate-demo.youcanbook.me to further discuss your scope and next steps.

Francis

Suggest an answer