Sync Group from G Suite

Sergey Lonshchakov June 26, 2019

I have groups in G Suite. I create same groups in Jira. But! When I sync this groups from Atlassian's adm. menu - users don't appear in JIRA's groups. How can I setup this synchronization?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2019

Hi Sergey,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Currently, when syncing GSuite on Jira it will sync users from that group and create their accounts in Jira. The group won't show in Jira, only the users. Then you will have to manually add the users to the groups in Jira.
We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-152
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Sergey Lonshchakov June 28, 2019

Ok, thank you. Hope this will be done soon

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Narmada Jayasankar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2019

Hi Sergey,

I'm the product manager for Atlassian's G Suite integration. I'm looking to connect with customers who have used the Gsuite integration in the recent past. Would you be open to chatting with me and some other members of my team? 

Thanks!

Narmada

Product Manager, Atlassian

Like Hungry Admin likes this
Matthias Loepfe November 7, 2019

Hi

I would also very much appreciate this feature beeing implemented soon. I would like to manage the tool access (with groups) only on google and not have to do any manual configuration on the atlassian side.

I would also very much like if the foto of the users get synced too.

Regards

Matthias

Marc Lecoultre August 5, 2020

Any update on this feature ? It is in progress status right now. When should we expect this to be available in the Cloud ?

Regards

Suggest an answer