Switching to the new Jira UI

Jamin C October 23, 2017

A month or two ago Jira released it's updated UI. I used it for like an hour and a bug prevented me from accessing my test cycles so I used the option to switch to the old UI. Its been a couple months and those bugs seem to be ironed out (based on my coworkers using the new UI) so I would like to switch back to the new UI, but cannot figure out how. Can anyone help?

2 answers

2 votes
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2017

No worries, by your profile image in the upper right is a dropdown menu, click 'Experience the new Jira".

new jira.png

Judy Murphy April 20, 2019

I don't have the "experience the new Jira" option so I can't switch back. Any other suggestions?

Like Tim Schmelter likes this
Bojana Bajic October 9, 2019

I have the same problem: to return to new view after I clicked the action 'See the old view' on one task and I also don't have the option 'Experience the new Jira'. Has anyone figured out how to return to the new view ? 

In global settings on my profile toggle for new view is turned on so that other tickets are opened in new view, only on this one where I went back to the old view because of the bug in the new view, I cannot return to new view

Like Tim Schmelter likes this
belinda November 11, 2019

Woohoo!

I have found it

1. Click on your Profile avatar

2. Select context menu "Account settings"

image.png
  3. In the left navigation, click on "Products"
    image.png

4. Under "Jira settings", click on the link

5. Scroll down to see "Jira labs" section, enable "New Jira issue view" toggle option.
    image.png
Like # people like this
Maxim Aristow November 24, 2019

I don't really get why shifting to old view is more simple than to the new (it's hidden)..

Like John Fowler likes this
Bojana Bajic November 25, 2019

Thanks @belinda. But this toggle is already on in my case.
I solved my problem temporarily in this way: The link (address) of the task that used to be in new view and then converted in old view ends with: ?oldIssueView=true
When I remove that suffix I get my task in new view again.

If anyone has the same need, I hope this 'quick fix' can be useful :)

Like # people like this
1 vote
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2020

Unfortunately, I also dont have an answer to this. I just created a new development cloud instance and I am not seeing "experience the new Jira" either. My New Jira issue view is also toggled on.

Please advise on why this is or is this a bug of sorts?

Thank you

Suggest an answer