Switching Issue Type

Kathleen Jacobs March 7, 2013

I know I can 'move' a ticket to another issue type, but i would like to make this faster.

When I add issue type to the Edit Screen, it's telling me I can't change the issue type because:

"compatible field configuration and/or workflow associations"

What do i need to do to fix this?

2 answers

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2013

I'm not 100% sure, but I do believe both issue types need to share the same workflow in order for this to work the way you want. You could test this by moving the issue type to one that does share the same workflow as Bug. Status is not a "field" that you can modify outside of the workflow.

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2013

It sounds like the type if issue that you would like to move to has one or more of these problems:

1. Fields are not available due to your screen scheme and/or field configuration scheme on the destination issue type

2. Your workflow on the destination issue type does not have the status that exists on your source issue type.

If you use the conventional "move issue" feature, you'll get a wizard that will ask you to remap the offending parts of the source issue. That should help point you in the right direction as to where to look.

Kathleen Jacobs March 7, 2013

They are sharing the same Screen Scheme and Field Scheme.

They use different workflows but both have the Open status.

When I did the Move Issue feature, only thing it wanted:

<th width="20%"> </th><th width="40%">Original Value (before move)</th><th width="40%">New Value (after move)</th>
Project Project 1 Project 1
Type Bug Task
Status (Workflow) Open (Bugs workflow) Open (Tasks Workflow)

What's blocking me from doing this? Do they have to share the same work flow or is there a way i can connect them?

Suggest an answer