Support for do activities on behalf of another user via API

Jibin Mathew December 1, 2017

Is there any support with JIRA API to act on behalf of another user . The actions needs to perfomed  are POST Comment , Log hours 

If no direct support with API is available any external tools is useful for doing the same

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2017

Hi Jibin

What you're doing through the API is the same as you would do within Jira. So if you wanted to make a comment on behalf of someone else, you would need to log in as them.

Similarly, if you want to POST a comment on behalf of someone else, part of the JSON that you create is a user's login details.

So, if you know what their login details are, you are able to do this passing in their login details instead of your own

Jibin Mathew December 1, 2017

I agreed , but the thing that i am trying to accomplish  is something related with importing all the task / project related things from Liquid planner to JIRA . So login as each user / pass credentials of each user with api calls is practically not feasible for me . I also heard about https://tempoplugin.jira.com , not sure whether it will helps or not to accomplish the same 

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2017

We use Tempo, which is a timesheet plugin for Jira. It also has it's own API, but login credentials are required for it as well. I haven't needed to do an import, so can't advise further

Suggest an answer