Support for OAuth in jira-rest-java-client

Marcus Walls May 19, 2021

I have been happily using version 5.2.2 of the Java Rest Client for JIRA against version 8.13.1 utilising basic authentication.  Now that basic authentication is being switched off, I need to find another way to authenticate.  

I understand that Cloud supports Personal Access Tokens, but the Server version does not, and thus it looks like I need OAuth support.  

The java library supports an AuthenticationHandler which I'm happy to extend, but the OAuth samples from Atlassian all seem to be related to making the HTTP request via third-party classes, whereas the JIRA library takes care of the connection.  Thus, it's not clear to me how to join the two together.

Has anyone had any luck getting OAuth to work with this library?  Or any pointers of what my AuthenticationHandler.configure methods needs to do to implement this?  

Many thanks in advance!

Marcus

1 answer

0 votes
Marcus Walls May 19, 2021

Hmm, I did a fair amount of searching before I logged this and the instant I logged it, the "Related Community Content" section shows this: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Using-Oauth-and-the-Jira-Java-Rest-Client/qaq-p/525231

So, I will try to follow the steps in here to see if I can get it working.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer