Summary option in a project

Gaurav Sharma November 29, 2022

I'm unable to set the summary dashboard in any project to show all issues irrespective of their status. The issue and it's count is visible only until it is changed to Done / Resolved. As soon as you change the status, it disappears from Summary and doesn't give complete information of total issues with their respective status. Please suggest, how can I modify these settings, as I'm unable to provide correct update to management related to each project.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

Hello @Gaurav Sharma 

What type of project are you working with; Software, Service, or Business/Work Management? If it is one of the first two, it will say so at the top of the left-side navigation pane directly below the project name. If there is nothing there then you are probably working with a Business project.

I'm pretty sure you are working with a Business project, as the other types don't have a Summary page that displays issue information.

Can you provide a screen image of what you are seeing?

When I look at the Summary page for a Business project, it does show the issues recently moved to the Done column. Note that issues that have been done for 2 weeks or longer are automatically hidden from the board and are also removed from the Done issue count on the Summary page, as per the documentation here:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/get-a-summary-of-your-project/

Gaurav Sharma December 7, 2022

Thanks Trudy and apologies for late response. We don't have Software projects and only Business / Work Management. This project has 28 issues / tasks but it is only showing 7 issues which are pending now. The total count should be shown correctly to get exact progress, and this is happening in all the projects.

dcnc-summary.PNG

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

Can you show the issue list that shows the issues and their statuses?

The output is indicating that you have 6 issues in the To Do status, 1 in the In Progress Status, 0 in the In Review status, and 0 in the Done status that have been Done for less than 2 weeks. If you have issues that have been done for more than 2 weeks those ones will not be included in the summary display.

Gaurav Sharma December 8, 2022

You are Trudy, the issues were updated to Done status more than 2 weeks ago, but how can I get exact summary then, can you help me please ?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2022

You cannot get that on the Summary page that displays within the project.

You would need to create your own Jira Dashboard. For the piechart specifically you could add the Pie Chart gadget.

Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 5.52.03 PM.png

For the configuration of the gadget select your project, and for Statistic Types select Status.

Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 5.53.31 PM.png

That pie chart will show you all the issues. 

Here is the Dashboard Pie Chart vs. the business project Summary page pie chart.

Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 5.58.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 5.59.18 PM.png

Suggest an answer