Summarize tasks by sprint

Nathan Decker May 3, 2023

I would like to analyze and report on tasks by sprint. I would ideally export all tasks worked on during a sprint and then analyze in excel.

This becomes difficult because of tasks that span sprints.

If a task spans more than one sprint, multiple "sprint" columns are added to the spreadsheet. If column one and column two are both "sprint", with values "sprint 24" and "sprint 25", it becomes impossible to see how much of a tasks "time spent" was associated with sprint 24 vs sprint 25, because the "time spent" column spans both sprints.

If I could export tasks based "time spent" completed in a sprint with a unique row per sprint, that would be great. In the above example, the same task would have only one column for "sprint" (not two) and two rows for the same task. Sprint 24 would be on one row with a "time spent" value and the same task would be on Sprint 25 row with it's own time spent during its sprint.

Perhaps there is a setting somewhere that summarizes each row discretely by work contained in a sprint, or someone else encountered this and solved it in another way. 

1 answer

1 vote
Iryna Komarnitska_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 4, 2023

Hi @Nathan Decker ,

Try downloading the report for each sprint separately. This way, you can analyze the data better.

Another tip is to try using Cost Tracker for Jira Cloud.

In the use cases, we have described in detail how you can get informative reports and, for example, analyze the cost of one sprint - 💡Use Case: How to estimate the sprint cost in Jira.

For now, if the cost calculation is irrelevant to you, you can use the Time report feature of the application.

Get a 30-day trial to get to know the addon better.

I hope it will help you solve your problem!

P.S. My team developed the app, and we are active users of the app, so if you have any questions or ideas, don't hesitate to contact us via support.

b1172e1a-1003-47b1-a17c-b4fd1a993c27.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events