SumUp and issues spanning multiple sprints

Jakub Gawryjolek October 22, 2019

Hi everybody,

I'm facing the following problem. I'm using a "2D Statistics Gadget by SumUp" to display a breakdown of Story Points by Assignee and Sprint. The idea is to capture everybody's historical contribution (in Story Points). 

The problem: Some tickets are spanning multiple sprints, and therefore the Story Points are counted in all the sprints they occurred in. This creates the wrong impression of increased contribution. Do you know of a good way to include Story Points in the SumUp Gadgets only from the sprint in which the ticket was closed?

Thank you very much

2 answers

1 vote
Julian Riedinger _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2019

Hey Jakup,

this is a super interesting user case! Only using sumUp this is not possible at the moment. As you have shown, it is difficult to define exactly which value sumUp should add when working with mulit-valued fields. In order to reach the goal I would proceed as follows in your place:

I would add to each issue the information in which Sprint it was last, as a dedicated field. This can be done easily with a Calculated text field from our Jira Workflow Toobox.

The expression for this case can be

last(toStringList(%{10010}))

where 10010 stands for the ID of your sprint field.

If the field is created and configured with the expression, your Jira must be re-indexed once. Afterwards you can access the new field in the sumUp gadget configuration and group it over it.

I hope I helped you with that. If you need further support, please feel free to contact our support and we will be happy to help you.

Cheers,

Julian

Disclaimer: 
I am an employee of Decadis AG, which distributes the two products sumUp for Jira and Jira Workflow Toolbox mentioned in this question or answer commercially.
0 votes
Jakub Gawryjolek October 29, 2019

Hi Julian,

Thank you very much for the insight. Let me try it out! I'll get back with the results.

Thanks!

Jakub

Jakub Gawryjolek October 30, 2019

So, I tried your suggestion @Julian Riedinger _Decadis AG_ , however, I'm facing the problem of the Calculated Text Fields not evaluating:

last(toStringList(%{11241}))

where 11241 is the ID of our Sprint field. The result I'm getting is literal treatment of function names, rather then result of calling them. I.e.:

last(toStringList(Team X Sprint 1, Team X Sprint 2))

I guess, there's something wrong with my JWT setup, but I couldn't figure out what exactly yet.

Jakub Gawryjolek November 1, 2019

I was able to resolve my problem here. I was using Basic parsing mode, and in Advanced mode my functions were put in double quotes, which treated them as string literals. Of course, after removing the quotes everything started working OK.

Suggest an answer