Suite Utilities for JIRA validator error

Hi,

I used Jira suit utility for restrict workflow's field.

It works well when i fulfill the whole required fields, but i got error when i didn't.

JIRA version: 7.2.3

Suit plugin version: 1.4.12(latest version)

Is there anyone see like this error? 

0.PNG

1 answer

1 vote

Either the configuration of the validator you have put on the transition is bad, or you've got an incompatible or buggy version of the JSU

First, check "manage add-ons" for the JSU version and check that it's valid for your version of JIRA.

Second, take a look at the validator config - they usual way to break one is to set up a simple check like "field xyz must be filled in" and then delete or make-unavailable field xyz.  Sometimes, you get a polite message, but often a crash.

In the second case, or if it's neither of them, try removing the validator completely, and then re-adding it.

Hi Nic, 

Thanks for reply. 

I checked JSU version and validator(delete and re-add) but still same. 

Is their any suggestion to debug it? 

What was the result when you removed the validator (and did not re-add it)? 

Then, after you added it back, what Exactly was the config of the validator and what type of field(s) did you point it at?

When i removed it. it works well cause there're no other restrictions. 

After re-add it, it breaks with same error message. 

The type of fields are custom fields(Date Picker and User Picker(single user))

Ok, it's definitely the validator then.  What exactly is the config of the validator?

I added "Fields Required" then add two custom fields that i made. 

I tested "Ignore Context" check, unchecked are same. 

0.JPG

Ok, you have done everything right here, so I'm pretty sure you have found a bug in the JSU.

There's one last test I'd like you to do - split the validator.  Set the existing one to validate on the user picker and then add a completely new validator (of the same type) to look at the date.

Does that work, or does it crash on one or both validators?

Hi, 

Sorry for late comment.

I tested both of them, but still crashed. (Only user picker, Only Date picker, Both of them)

No problem.  Next thing to look at is the versions of Java, JIRA and the JSU you are on.

I installed Java 1.8, Jira 7.2.3, and JSU 1.4.12

Ah, well, that answers it.

Your JSU version is not compatible with 7.2.3.  See https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities/versions

Thanks for verification. 

I thought i checked it, but it's my mistake. 

I'll update after change it.

Thanks Nic,

It's solved

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Apr 17, 2018 in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

798 views 2 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you