Suggestion required on JIRA smart values

Sameer Bansal May 6, 2022

I am using {{pullRequest.url}} to get the pull request URL from GIT based on some trigger now i want to get someting like count of {{pullRequest.url}} in a single ticket/story. can anyone suggest something

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2022

Hi @Sameer Bansal 

Are you asking, "how can a count the distinct pull requests related to a specific issue from an automation rule"?

If so, that does not appear to be possible with built-in features.  The {{pullRequest}} smart value is only available/relevant when there is a pull request trigger (created, declined, or merged).  Possible work-arounds would be to store/log the information elsewhere in the issue for later counting.

If you meant something else, would you please clarify your question?  Thanks!

Kind regards,
Bill

Sameer Bansal May 8, 2022

Thanks Bill will use below to get the details

{{issue.Your Field Name}} + 1
Sameer Bansal May 9, 2022

@Bill Sheboy - any idea how i can use below everytime i am getting same output that is +1

{{issue.Your Field Name}} + 1
Sameer Bansal May 9, 2022

Implemeted and it works {{customfield_xxxx.asNumber.plus(1)}}

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2022

I am glad to learn you got it to work.

Remember to check the field types when using automation rules; as you noted a "text" field needs to be converted with asNumber to be used in math operations.

Suggest an answer