Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Suggestion required on JIRA smart values

I am using {{pullRequest.url}} to get the pull request URL from GIT based on some trigger now i want to get someting like count of {{pullRequest.url}} in a single ticket/story. can anyone suggest something

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Sameer Bansal 

Are you asking, "how can a count the distinct pull requests related to a specific issue from an automation rule"?

If so, that does not appear to be possible with built-in features.  The {{pullRequest}} smart value is only available/relevant when there is a pull request trigger (created, declined, or merged).  Possible work-arounds would be to store/log the information elsewhere in the issue for later counting.

If you meant something else, would you please clarify your question?  Thanks!

Kind regards,
Bill

Thanks Bill will use below to get the details

{{issue.Your Field Name}} + 1

@Bill Sheboy - any idea how i can use below everytime i am getting same output that is +1

{{issue.Your Field Name}} + 1

Implemeted and it works {{customfield_xxxx.asNumber.plus(1)}}

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

I am glad to learn you got it to work.

Remember to check the field types when using automation rules; as you noted a "text" field needs to be converted with asNumber to be used in math operations.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you