Subtask progress display

Matthew Parker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 15, 2024

Is there a way to display the subtask Progress bar in the Card view on a Scrum board? (Active Sprint and/or Backlog) Currently I have only been able to see the progress % within the ticket for the issue but would like this information readily visible for standups. I have tried configuring the card layout to include the following fields: Progress, Σ Progress, Checklist Progress, Checklist Progress % (I know these are unrelated but was being exhaustive) and Sub-tasks. The only one that displayed any information was sub-tasks and it simply listed the card names of the subtasks and crossed off the completed ones.

Screenshot for referenced progress bar is attached.

Snag_3225b80.png

4 answers

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2024

Hi @Matthew Parker , welcome to the community.

There is not a feature for this OOTB. You might check the Marketplace if that is an option, though I am unaware of such an addon.

1 vote
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 15, 2024

Hi @Matthew Parker

welcome to the community!

If you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, I think you could get reasonably close using the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of so-called smart columns that aren’t natively available, including the sub-task progress.

This is how it looks in action:

sub-task-progress.gif

As you can see above, you can easily view and sort by the sub-task progress, and also use it across JXL's advanced features, such as support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting. With these advanced features, you'll be able to create a great stand-up sheet in just a couple of clicks.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

0 votes
Amay Purohit_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2024

Hi @Matthew Parker 

Welcome to the community !!

If you would be interested in an add-on for this need, you can try out our plugin.

Issue Hierarchy 

The app shows your issue hierarchy in a tree view. The app can help you easily Sum up values (time tracking/story point/custom numeric fields) to see overall progress for your Issues at each parent level. Also it provides excel like editing for all the values right on the report and see real time progress updates. There is another feature of embedded Epic Hierarchy on Issue Screen

Do give it a spin.

(Disclaimer: I work on RVS, the vendor for this app)

Epic Hierarchy - New.PNG

0 votes
Alex G May 15, 2024

Maybe there is a paid add-on that allows you to see the percentage of progress. For now, if I'm not mistaken, there is no option :(

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events