Subtask button missing in the Jira Cloud for particular users

Uttkarsh October 9, 2019

Hello,

we are missing subtask button in issue of type user story. I have admin role , I can see the sub task and create it and rest of the team members can't see the button. 

Even in mobile app they see create subtask button while creating it errors out.

we are using Kanban issue type screen with subtask enabled.

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2019

Hello,

First can the users create other issues in the project via the "Create Issues permission?  As any user with permission the "Create Issues" project permission is able to create standard issues plus sub-tasks. 

If a user has the create issues permission at the project level, there could be an add-on in place causing different behavior from the default as one source but the most likely cause would be there is a workflow option that could be causing this behavior.

If you have a separate workflow from standard issue types you may have a Permission Validator on the create issue transition that only users with a particular permission can execute the transition.  As an exe on the following workflow i changed it from create do delete permission:

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 4.15.42 PM.png

Details on working with validators and workflo modifications can be found at:

Check this out and let me know if this is the case.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer