Subtask Assignees Swimlane on Kanban Board

Sibylle September 20, 2018

Our Team would like to use the Kanban Board as an overview of who is working on which issues and sub-tasks.  

I found the functionality to structure the board in Swimlanes per issue Assignee, but the sub-task assignees do not show in this view, if they are not an issue Assigneee. 

Is there any way to also show Assignee Swimlanes for our sub-task Assignees on the Kanban Board?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2018

Hello @Sibylle

It's working fine for me in 7.10.2 version of Jira.

I have swimlanes in Kanban board configured as per assignee and sub-tasks is in it's own lane and parent task is in a different lane as both of of them have different assignee.  And each assignee has it's own lane and own set of issues.

Sibylle September 21, 2018

Hi Tarun, 

yes, thanks! 

It seems that the sub-tasks that had been assigned before I created the Kanban Board were not taken over. However, newly created sub-tasks triggered a new swimlane also for non-issue-assignees.

Will have to test some more, but that seemed to be the issue. :) 

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2018

Hello @Sibylle

Glad to know that it's working, could you please accept/upvote the answer so that others are helped as well.

Suggest an answer