Substract dates in JQL

I'm trying to create a filter that does the following:

Return all issues where the due date is 2 weeks less than the current date, or lower.

But I'm stuck trying to substract to achieve something like this:

now() + 2w > duedate

But that obviously doesn't work. Any elegant alternative for this?

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

try following: 

duedate < startofday("+2w")

have not tried now("+2w") but may be is is working as well

Thanks! This pointed me in the right direction, and the filter I require is:

duedate > startOfDay("-2w")

Actually, this is not quite what I want. The filter would not include all the desired issues. The correct filter would be:

startOfDay() >= duedate("-2w")

But unfortunately, this doesn't work...

so you want all issues that have the duedate in 2w from now, or? Try: duedate >= startOfDay("+2w") and duedate <=startofday("+15d")

It's difficult to put this into words. Say you have an issue, and the current date is "01/09/2014". The due date is "15/09/2014". The issue should be in the filter. But it should also be in the filter when the current date is "16/09/2014". But it should NOT be in the filter if the current date is "15/08/2014". I hope you understand what I'm trying to achieve.

So all issues with duedate in 14 days or less or duedate is passed, correct?

Yes, exactly.I was thinking this should work, but it still includes issues where the due date is higher than the current date + 2 weeks: (duedate > startOfDay("-2w") OR duedate < startOfDay())

so it should be duedate < startofday("+15d")

That's it! Thanks, I was obviously over complicating this...

glad I could help

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

281 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you