Substract dates in JQL

Ruben Demey September 22, 2014

I'm trying to create a filter that does the following:

Return all issues where the due date is 2 weeks less than the current date, or lower.

But I'm stuck trying to substract to achieve something like this:

now() + 2w > duedate

But that obviously doesn't work. Any elegant alternative for this?

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2014

try following: 

duedate < startofday("+2w")

have not tried now("+2w") but may be is is working as well

0 votes

Actually, this is not quite what I want. The filter would not include all the desired issues. The correct filter would be:

startOfDay() >= duedate("-2w")

But unfortunately, this doesn't work...

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2014

so you want all issues that have the duedate in 2w from now, or? Try: duedate >= startOfDay("+2w") and duedate <=startofday("+15d")

Ruben Demey September 23, 2014

It's difficult to put this into words. Say you have an issue, and the current date is "01/09/2014". The due date is "15/09/2014". The issue should be in the filter. But it should also be in the filter when the current date is "16/09/2014". But it should NOT be in the filter if the current date is "15/08/2014". I hope you understand what I'm trying to achieve.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2014

So all issues with duedate in 14 days or less or duedate is passed, correct?

Yes, exactly.I was thinking this should work, but it still includes issues where the due date is higher than the current date + 2 weeks: (duedate > startOfDay("-2w") OR duedate < startOfDay())

Like DeNae Leverentz likes this
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2014

so it should be duedate < startofday("+15d")

That's it! Thanks, I was obviously over complicating this...

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2014

glad I could help

0 votes

Thanks! This pointed me in the right direction, and the filter I require is:

duedate > startOfDay("-2w")

Suggest an answer