It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Subquery syntax when using Scripted JQL funtion subtasksof("")

Daniel Deftos Jul 28, 2014

I am trying to use this JQL function with a subquery contain an AND statement. Essentially searching for issues in multiple projects with a particular component. It does not seem to allow for multiple selections in the subquery. I am using the following:

project = X AND component = "Y" AND issueFunction in subtasksOf("project = X AND component = Y"). I have tried multiple methods of wrapping the subquery in parens and quotes. Is it possible to do this and I just have the syntax incorrect? Also I am assuming we cannot pass in the name of a filter here but have to enumerate the entire query we are attempting to make.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA Jul 28, 2014

that should work fine... in what way is there a problem?

You can use "filter = " - check the JQL docn.

> cannot pass in the name of a filter here but have to enumerate the entire query we are attempting to make

You don't have to duplicate the clauses - it depends what you want. In your case having project = X on the outer query is redundant, as subtasks can't be in different projects. They can have different components from the parent, so like I say, it depedns what you are trying to do.

Daniel Deftos Jul 30, 2014

I understand now what my original problem was. It was related to the fact that the specific component I was looking for was not a single word but multiple words (ex First Second). I gleaned that I needed to us the ' around this which worked perfectly. In addition I now know how to use a filer within this JQL function. Thank you very much for your responses. They helped immensely.

0 votes
Jose Carlos Cedillo Marquez I'm New Here Feb 08, 2019 • edited

Im trying to use 

issue in hqlLinkedIssuesOf("project = Roundup AND issuetype = "JIRA WR" AND "Project Name" = Lab-Ongoing-Tests AND createdDate >= startOfYear(-2) ", "", "")

And I JIRA send me this error

Error in the JQL Query: Expecting ')' or ',' but got 'JIRA'. (line 1, character 64)

Could you help with the SUBQUERY

Thanks

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...

1,419 views 3 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you