We are creating the subTask and calling the workflow post function to get assignee filed values from parent. Its creating and I am able to see the assignee filed value too. But When I am querying to see total number of subtask assigned to user then list is not showing. Assignee field value is mentioned at the top in workflow post function and then indexing.
I am facing the exactly mentioned in another forum question but did not see fix for it. Here is the link
Querying by following steps to see subtasks.
1) Click on Issues -- > More --> new Filter
2) Select the Project
3) Select the type of issue
4) Select the Status
So far all subTask showing correct but when I am filtering for particular user, which we created subtask and getting the values from parent then its return null. Not showing any record.
My Jira version is 6.4.12.
See above no issues are showing.
The most likely explanation is that your "workflow post function to get assignee filed values from parent" does not index the sub-tasks. It needs to do that.
@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] I have already doing the index in workflow post function. Please see below screen shot. I am unable to change the positions. Anything I am missing here?
I have limited access to update the comment in this forum. I need to get 2 points to get unlimited access.
It's the same answer - your sub-tasks look like they are not being indexed. Let's test that rather than going around in circles - run the transition, check that the search fails as per your original question, then make a minimal edit to *the subtask* (stick a . on the end of a text field, change the reporter etc). Avoid touching any of the four fields you have copied though, that could complicate tracing what is happening. Once you've made a change, try the original test again - does it work this time?
Sorry, I need the test result clarifying. You are saying that: 1) You ran the transition 2) You ran the search and got 0 results 3) You did a minor edit 4) You ran the search and got 1 result Is that correct?
Ok, that proves that your process is not indexing the sub-tasks. So, where are you running this transition? It's not on the sub-task because that would index it
@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] I am opening the parent task and then creating the sub-task from there. The workflow post functions are placed in sub-task "Create" transition.
Oh, hang on, I'd missed that - "create". There's a bug in the function that means it can't index fields on create. I think it's limited to system fields - could you check if you can replicate the problem with "frequency" (as that's a custom field, not system)
@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] . I reproduced the issue and then I searched with "Frequency" field then its showing the results. But not for assignee field. Is there a way to fix for system fields indexing for sub-task?
Well spotted - I didn't have it bookmarked, and didn't look, but that is what I was thinking of. Sorry I didn't notice the "create" problem earlier!
We did work around on this. We added script workflow function from inline function and then running the sql command to convert the user-name from upper case to lower case. Here is the image and then script that we are using. Hope it may help others this work around until fix the bug.
//Import items for SQL Update Statement: import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager import groovy.sql.Sql import java.sql.Connection import org.ofbiz.core.entity.ConnectionFactory import org.ofbiz.core.entity.DelegatorInterface import com.atlassian.jira.event.issue.AbstractIssueEventListener import com.atlassian.jira.event.issue.IssueEvent import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueManager import com.atlassian.jira.util.ImportUtils import com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.IssueIndexManager ComponentManager componentManager = ComponentManager.getInstance() //Create and run the SQL Update statement to change the assignee to Lower Case delegator = (DelegatorInterface) componentManager.getComponentInstanceOfType(DelegatorInterface.class) String helperName = delegator.getGroupHelperName("default"); def UpdateId = issue.getId() //Make sure to change the schema as per JIRA db def sqlStmt = """ UPDATE [jiraschemaP].[jiraissue] SET [ASSIGNEE] = LOWER([ASSIGNEE]) WHERE id = '""" + UpdateId + """'; """ //sqlStmt.toString() Connection conn = ConnectionFactory.getConnection(helperName); Sql sql = new Sql(conn) StringBuffer sb = new StringBuffer() sql.execute(sqlStmt) //Now run the re-index on this issue IssueIndexManager indexManager = ComponentManager.getInstance().getIndexManager() boolean wasIndexing = ImportUtils.isIndexIssues() ImportUtils.setIndexIssues(true) IssueManager issueManager = ComponentManager.getInstance().getIssueManager() indexManager.reIndex(issueManager.getIssue(issue.id)) ImportUtils.setIndexIssues(wasIndexing)
Hello Community 🤗 I’m Nikhil, a Product Manager on the Jira Cloud team working on performance improvements. Performance is an ongoing journey and we continue to invest heavily in it. We under...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events