SubTask in Kanban Board

Marcela Junyent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2018

The following document:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/monitoring-work-in-a-kanban-project-938845480.html

says:

An issue will only be visible in the Kanban board if:

the issue is not a sub-task,
But when I create subtask I can See them and move them independetly from the parent issue.

ImagenKanban.JPG

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2018

@Marcela Junyent, i suspect the document is dated as I recall sub-tasks did not show up in older versions. Do you have a question about this or just pointing out the discrepancy? If you wish to hide them you can either change the board's filter (always hide) or add a quick filter (hide/unhide.)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2018

FWIW, my $0.02 is to go with what you observe to be true. I have pinged some Atlassian folks to check on the accuracy of the document and will reply here if/when I hear back. Good luck w/ ACP-300.

Like Marcela Junyent likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 27, 2018

@Marcela Junyent, chatted w/ someone at Atlassian. They have created this issue to track updating the doc - JRASERVER-68632 

thanks for reporting your observation!

0 votes
Marcela Junyent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2018

I'm studying for the ACP-300. An trying to check the characteristic of subtask in board and reports.
Any recommendation?

Suggest an answer