Sub-tasks not showing up in done stories

Fabrício Ferreira April 9, 2024

Hello, I have some sub-tasks that have been added later finish the storie (status of story = IN PRODUCTION)

These new sub-tasks are not been shown in JIRA board/project.

Can someone help me?

Is something related to the fact that I have added new subtasks after status = IN PROD?

Unfortunely, I know this behavior is wrong, but was necessary for the project.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2024

Hi @Fabrício Ferreira and welcome to the Community!

This happens because a scrum board considers an issue as done when it is in the rightmost column of a sprint board. The issue then gets considered as completed in that sprint and no longer appears on the backlog, nor in an open sprint, simply because it is done. And done items should not be in the way of things that still require attention.

Sub-tasks are only displayed in relation to their parent issue. And - again - as in this case the parent is already done, any sub-tasks you add are no longer visible on the board because the parent issue is not there.

I think there's two things you may consider to work around this: either change the status of your original story back to an open status or create a new story with the new sub-tasks in it. The latter would - in this scenario - probably have been the best way to do this in the first place.

Hope this helps!

Fabrício Ferreira April 9, 2024

Perfect!

I really appreciate your help. Makes all sense!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events