Sub-tasks not part of workflow

Deleted user July 29, 2013

I want sub-tasks to be only for information purposes without be ing subject to the workflow. So I just want the Issue to progress to the workflow where the sub-tasks will be there to represent a to do list and can be checked off when accomplished. How do I do that?

5 answers

0 votes
Deleted user July 30, 2013

I am tryig to see if the plugin can be enhanced to also enable editing. Will see.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2013

Hi Monika,

If I understand you question correctly you want the following:

- In each workflowstatus sub tasks will be added to this issue as some kind of to-do list.

- Once all subtasks have been checked off the issue can move to the next status.

Is this correct?

Best regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter, this is it aprat from the last point. I don't even want any dependancy on the sub-tasks to be completed in order to move them forward. Essentially, I want flexible, editable to do list that can be checked off when completed.

I tried the To Do List plugin but it's not sufficient as it cannot be edited therefore me trying to work it out with the sub-tasks.

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2013

Monica,

I don't think this is currently possible in Jira with the exisiting plugins.

You could try to write your own plugin.

Ormaybe you could try using Confluence for your todolists? You could just link your issue to the relevant confluence page and on that page you could use the task list macro to create your todo lists. You could even create a template for this kind of confluence page. It's just an idea.

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes

Thanks Nic but that will not work. I don't want the sub-task to be subject to any workflow at all. Even with this simple one, it's still progressing the subtask while the issues sits behind.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 30, 2013

Ok, then you don't want sub tasks at all really. You just need a multi-check box field that has your to-do items in it, and a validator that prevents progress on the issue unless all items are ticked.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 29, 2013

You could also create a really simple workflow for just the sub-tasks, with just "open" and "closed". Open would mean "unchecked" and Closed would match "checked".

0 votes
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2013

Just don't include them in your workflow or your column configuration and see if that works.

Thanks James, I tried but it still has the dependancy while moving through workflow.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events