Sub tasks not displayed when parent level security is changed.

jamila.augustine March 4, 2020

Hi,

I am having an issue with displaying sub-tasks in the parent.

I have set up security level in the parent as Internal Only (limit access to internal groups of users, developers, administrator) and None (all has access incl. ext users)

And when I create a Sub- task for the parent, the expected behavior is that it inherits the parent's security. 

However, when i create a sub-task on parent with Internal Only security, I am not able to see/ access the sub-task. If the security level is None, there are no issues.

Why is that I am locked out from the sub-tasks i created for Issues with Internal security? 

I am definitely overseeing something, so any hints would be appreciated.

PS: I have admin permission

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Bharath Kumar Kappala
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2020

Let me ask you a question here @jamila.augustine  are you part of the groups that are included with the security scheme if you are not then you will not see the tickets.

The reason might be you might be having create issue permission which is letting you create the sub-tasks in the project but you might not be part of those groups that you included in the security scheme.

jamila.augustine March 4, 2020

@Bharath Kumar Kappala : Yes, I am part of the group.

I can see the parent issue which must have the same security. I am not able to access the Sub-task- that is when the parent have the "internal" security.

Like Priyanka Palle likes this

Suggest an answer