Sub-Task is not respecting Parent Issue Security Level

supportap November 24, 2012

Have Security Levels set up and all work properly. When creating a Sub-Task for a Parent issue with a Security Level in effect, the Sub-Task is still viewable by users that do not have permission to view the Security Level of the Parent Issue.

Users cannot view the Parent Issue, but they are able to view the Sub-task which is suppossed to inherit the Security Level from it's parent task.

The system does not allow for the editing of the Security Level in the Sub-Task. When you try it tells you that the Sub-Task inherits the Parent Issue's Security Level.

Anyone have suggestions on what might not be set up correctly that would allow this situation?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
supportap December 18, 2012

Issue has been resolved via support

James Lebron July 31, 2022

Hello, I have the same problem as you, but I haven't found a solution yet, how did you solve it?

0 votes
Fahd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2012

Hi there,

I tried to replicate this issue in a test instance but couldn't reproduce the problem. I noticed that the label is OnDemand.

Please raise a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com so that we can look into this case further.

Regards,
Fahd

Suggest an answer