Sub Task Due Date

Matteo Rey February 18, 2019

Hi, can i have a due date on a sub-task generating an alert to my email whenever a due date is close to expire or just expired? just to better follow up on sub tasks within assigner and assignee

4 answers

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2019

Hello,

You can create a filter subscription.

1. Create a filter from a JQL like this:

(assignee = currentUser() or reporter = currentUser()) and issuetype in subtaskIssueTypes() and due > now() and due > 2d

This JQL would return all issues, which are about to expire within the next 2 days.

2. Create a subscription for the filter. You can find more info about subscriptions here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/receiving-search-results-via-email-720416706.html 

Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2019

@Alexey Matveev link doesnt work :/ (receiving 404 )

Thats something i want to see too.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2019
0 votes

sorry @Christos Moysiadis  it is a software project. Don't ask me why it is so, because i am only following a procedure :-(

Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2019

Then follow the answer of @Alexey Matveev above... he gave you a clear answer! All you have to do is to modify it ,only in case it doesn't fit exactly your needs,otherwise its a gold jql ;) . 

And one more favor. plz reply to one message.. dont create many replies ;) 

best regards

CM

sorry @Christos Moysiadis  and @Alexey Matveev , i am just a humble business developer and i will someone here to have it done following your instructions 

0 votes

@Christos Moysiadis  it is for a service desk. It is for business development not for software. I created a jira template and apply the same task to all partners and i need to monitor their execution

Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2019

Then you can create an Automation Rule in the Service Desk project configuration ;)

best regards

CM

0 votes
Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2019

Hi @Matteo Rey ,

Its a classical software project or a service desk?

best regards

CM

Edit: -----------------

How about to create a dashboard filter with a jql , quering the due date field in a close time period?

Suggest an answer