Structure item in a generic srcum structure

andrea bellagamba November 1, 2019

I am trying to set up a generic Scrum structure, With Epics, Features, PBI and tasks.
But so far I have only be able to create Epics and Features in the correct nested level.

I cannot manage to set up PBI as sub items of features and tasks and sub items of PBI.

scrum.png

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2019

Hello Andrea,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, it's not possible to configure customized hierarchical levels in your JIRA site. The only hierarchy available is:

Epics -> Standard Issues (Tasks, bugs, stories, etc) -> Sub-tasks

We have some feature requests to allow the creation of more hierarchy levels in JIRA as we understand it would be a useful feature, like JSWCLOUD-9455 and JRACLOUD-4446.

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestions to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

For now, we can recommend you with two possible workarounds:

1 - Use the three default levels of JIRA and the Issue link functionality to link issues with the missing levels, although both issues will be considered at the same level.

2 - Install Portfolio for JIRA app, which provides you with the functionality to add more hierarchy levels in your site. P.S: Portfolio is a paid app.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer