Structure board "Add issues belonging to epic" does not work for me, it used to but now its not!

Marie-Lynn Mansour June 10, 2021

Hi! Ive been working on a structure board that I created. I have done all the correct linkages from Initiative --> QD --> Epic --> Stories. I used to be able to see the entire hierarchy on my structure board by using the automation (see photo), but now its not working for some reason. I can only see the Initiative and QD, and I want to be able to see the Epics and Stories under these as well. 

As I mentioned before, it used to work and now it doesn't, and I'm not sure why. 

This is the automation I have implemented, and as you can see it does not display the issues or the epics. 

filters.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

Hi, @Marie-Lynn Mansour. It will be difficult to diagnose what might be wrong without seeing the entirety of your automation rules (i.e., the screenshot only shows a partial story), but, as you said, those rules were working before.  So, I think we should look to "what's changed?" first.

• Did Structure get upgraded? 
  • Did Jira get upgraded?
  • Did someone change the name of a project(s)?
  • etc.?

Honestly, I think this is going to hard to diagnose here. Could you reach out to the ALM Works support team via support@almworks.com perhaps? They'd be glad to help you get to the bottom of it and then we can share the answer here for everyone's benefit.  

-dave [ALM Works]

Marie-Lynn Mansour June 10, 2021

Hi! 

To my knowledge, nothing has changed. All I added were the second and third "Insert issues" as well as the "Group by Harbour Team" and "Group by Target Date" and it stopped working. 

I will reach out to the ALM Works support team ASAP!

Thanks Dave. 

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

Great! Thanks, @Marie-Lynn Mansour.  We can help you get to the bottom of this much more quickly that way.  

-dave 

Suggest an answer