Structure Plugin: Cannot add structure and reorder items in default structure

Christoph October 13, 2019

I am not able to add a structure to my project or reorder the items:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-13 um 11.07.23.png

After trying to reorder (when shown the default structure):

Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-13 um 11.10.19.png

Permissions for structure plugin are granted to everyone.

Structure Version 5.6.0

Jira-Version 8.4.2

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stepan Kholodov _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 14, 2019

Hello Christoph,

The adding of issues, as well as reordering of issues, can be applied only to a structure. On the attached screrenshot there is no structure opened and the JQL option is selected instead(in the top left corner) which either returns a list of issues either based on a given query or just a list of recent Jira issues. So to be able to edit a structure - to add, delete or move items in it - it needs to be selected and shown first.

Also, please note that granting global access to Structure for all users doesn't guarantee access to all structures since each structure can be configured to have its own set of permissions for different users.
https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Restricting+User+Access+to+Structure

I hope this helps. If you have more questions or you need our assistance with anything else, please reach out to us at our Service Desk portal at support.almworks.com and we'll get back to you shortly.

Best regards,
Stepan Kholodov
ALM Works

Christoph October 15, 2019

Hi Stepan,

I tried several things that jira allows to create a structure, but even after checking the permissions again, logging in as administrator etc the "Plus" is still grey. I am not able to create a new Structure.

Could you please describe how to create a structure from scratch. The system (none of the projects) has no structure yet. 

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 15, 2019

Hello Christoph,

The 'Add' button doesn't create new structures, it creates a new item - a Jira issue, a folder etc. - in a structure that already exists.

To create a structure, please click Structure at the top Jira toolbar, and then click Create Structure. You can either select one of the templates or create an empty structure and build it the way you want.
https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Creating+New+Structures

Please feel free to create a ticket at our Service Desk portal at support.almworks.com if you need more assistance with Structure, we'll be glad to help you. Service Desk would be more convenient for supporting you properly.

Best regards,
Stepan Kholodov

Christoph October 15, 2019

Pah, ok. That was easy. 

I did never check the Structure Button at the header. It works. Thank you!

Sai Praveen Aminigadda October 23, 2019

@Stepan Kholodov _ALM Works_  why structure is not letting me to reorder child issues?

m.jpg

Marketplace Partner
October 23, 2019

Hello Sai,

If issues are added to a structure by a generator, it is not possible to move them without adding a generator that can support this move. Since structure is built automatically using certain rules(which are represented by added generators), made changes should be supported by existing rules as well to avoid any contradiction.

To be able to move sub-issues within their hierarchy level freely, you can the manual reordering sorter. For this please click + (the button next to Automation button) | Sort | scroll down to the list and select Manual Reordering....
https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Sort+Generators

I hope this helps. If you are still unable to reorder issues after that, please contact us at support.almworks.com - we would need to look into your set-up closely to find a solution and it would be much more convenient to do in a proper support ticket.

Best regards,
Stepan Kholodov
ALM Works

Like Nageswari.Varadarajan likes this

Suggest an answer