Structure: How to search the history of each issue for assignees

peter_dickermann April 27, 2022

In a structure, I want a list of all users who have ever worked on a project within a certain time period. I.e. if in the course of a story a total of 3 people have worked on it, then I want to see the number 3. So I need to search the history of each issue by user

1 answer

0 votes
David Niro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2022

Hello @peter_dickermann ,

David from ALM Works here. .

Assuming you are utilizing Jira's time tracking, you can use a formula like this:

SIZE(UNIQUE(
worklogs.FILTER($.MAP(DAYS_BETWEEN($.created,today())<30)).author))

The worklogs.FILTER part identifies the worklogs array and filters out the records that were created in the past 30 days, then returns the author of the worklog. (you can adjust the 30 to meet your desired timeframe).

The UNIQUE & SIZE part looks at the new filtered array and then counts each unique occurrence of the author.  So, if you have the same person log several pieces of work during the timeframe, it will only count them once.

If instead you wanted just a list of names of the people who worked on the issue, you can drop the SIZE piece of the formula.  It would look like this:

UNIQUE(
worklogs.FILTER($.MAP(DAYS_BETWEEN($.created,today())<30)).author)

Please let me know if this helps.

Best,
David

peter_dickermann April 28, 2022

Hi David,

thank you for the support. No, it didn't help so far, but I think the reason for that is either that I have no experience with the expressions you've sent and/or I didn't explain the issue well enough.

For each assignee I'd like to see the number of issues he's been working on in the actual year. So far, I get only the number of issues he is currently working on.

Thank you,

Peter
Untitled.png

David Niro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2022

Hello @peter_dickermann ,

Is 40 the number of issues the first user is currently working on?

How do you define "worked on"? Seems to be Assignee based on what i see in the screenshot.

The way I understand it at the moment is you have a structure that shows active issues, grouped by assignee.  You want to have a column that shows the total number off issues where the user was the assignee for the current year.  (These issues do not currently exist in the structure). 

Is this correct?

Best,
David

peter_dickermann April 29, 2022

Hi David,

yes, 40 is the number of issues the first user/assignee is working on currently.

Yes, I want to have a column that shows the total number off issues where the user was the assignee for the current year

Best,
Peter

Suggest an answer