Structure Formula bringing back no data

Tomas Lynn April 25, 2023

I've got a formula that gives a calculation of all dependencies in a structure but I tried changing it to show a count of dependencies in a backlog state only which brings back a blank column.

Am I missing something obvious?

The formula is currently this:

WITH count = issuelinks.FILTER($.type = 'Depends' and $.status!="Done").Size():
if (count>0; count; "")

I changed the !="Done" to ="Backlog".

1 answer

2 votes
David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 1, 2023

Hi @Tomas Lynn ,

Welcome to the Community!

The issuelinks item property is not yet available on Cloud, which is the hosting platform you have tagged.  It should be giving you red text as an unknown variable.  So, if you're not seeing that, maybe you are not on Cloud.

Either way, we should check before we proceed.  If you see "Show Generators" at the top of a Structure, then you are on Cloud.  If you see "Automation" at the top, you are on either Server or Data Center.

You mention that you have a formula of all dependencies in the Structure.  Could you describe what you mean?  A screenshot of your hierarchy and formula column would be helpful as well.

I look forward to your response.

Best,
David

Tomas Lynn May 11, 2023

Turns out that the formula I thought was working didn't actually filter anything out to begin with, so it's less a case of my changes not working and more Jira finally noticing my formula was unworkable and spitting out no data. :)

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer