Structure Effectors - automatic run

Antonio Prioletti April 4, 2021

Hi all,

I would like to automatically run an effector either periodically or when a field change...both options would be acceptable. For example, if I have an effector for copying over Gantt dates to a jira start/end field, I would like this to be updated at least weekly..if not as soon as a field change. I can definitely run those manually, but would be great if there is such an automated feature. 

Thanks

Antonio 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 5, 2021

Hello Antonio,

David from ALM Works here.

This is something we are very interested in doing but is not yet available. Unfortunately, I do not have a timeline to share and it may still be a ways off.

However, there is an option available that is worth exploring!

In Structure v. 6.0, we added APIs and SPIs for Effectors. So, with some help from another app, such as ScriptRunner, and modifiers, you could create a script that would run your effector on a schedule.  We would advise being conservative with the schedule.

Please let me know if this is helpful! We are also available to help answer additional questions at support.almworks.com. We look forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards,
David

Antonio Prioletti April 5, 2021

Hi David,

Thanks for your quick answer. Definitely the APIs with script runner could be a good temporary fix, I'll go ahead and trying use that!

Thanks 

Antonio 

Like Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_ likes this
Michal Kuchowicz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 10, 2022

Hi Antonio,

Were you successful with setting this up? If yes, could you share how did you do it?

Thanks,
MIchal

Babith C_J_ September 12, 2022

Hello @Antonio Prioletti ,

Did this work ? If so could you share the steps?

Thanks

Babith

0 votes
David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2024

I looked through the scriptrunner job example and it seemed a bit daunting. Anyway, I think this also works with just scheduling it as a cron + curl job?

EFFECTORS='{"effectorId":[25,26],"structureId":2788}'

RESULT_CODE=`curl -o /dev/null -w '%{http_code}' -u "$USERNAME:$PASSWORD" "https://$JIRA/secure/StructureEffectorProcess!apply.jspa" -H 'content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8' -H 'X-Atlassian-Token: no-check' --data-raw "inline=true&decorator=dialog&execute=true&runParams=${EFFECTORS}"`

Suggest an answer