Strikethrough in JIRA for custom status

Nidhish Nair October 7, 2019

Hello,

I was going through some of the posts in JIRA but didnt get a definite answer on this.

Background: We are using custom status in JIRA for dev stories. We ve added "Ready for QA" instead of "Done". It is in the green/ complete category

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2019

No.  The strikethrough is entirely based on the resolution.  Either the resolution is empty and there's no strikethrough, or it is fillled and hence there is.

Note that the strike only appears in places where Jira wants to highlight that an issue is finished/resolved.

Custom status is irrelevant to this, you need to look at your workflow.  Look at the list of status in the workflow, and decide which ones are resolved(struck out) and which ones are unresolved (no strike)

Then use "clear resolution" post functions on all transitions from resolved to unresolved, and either a post-function to set it, or a screen including the resolution when moving from unresolved to resolved

Nidhish Nair October 9, 2019

Thanks! Achieved it.

I set the post function to : Resolution when done
and Changed the screen to "Resolve issue screen"

Am not sure if both needed to be done, but I now get strikethrough on my completed issues :)

Suggest an answer