Strikethrough Issue

Ahfaaz Hussain March 31, 2021

Hi,

I am trying to get Jira to Strikethrough when a ticket is moved to either "Done", "Won't Do" or "Won't Fix" status. I have a post function but it still isn't striking out the tickets in the backlog.

Can someone help understand how to get this working.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

I assume you are referring to the striketrough you can view when an issue is linked on another issue?

You need to make sure your worklow transitions add value for the resolution field. This can be done in post functions.
If the resolution is empty there will never be a strikethrough.

Filipe Dias March 31, 2023

Hello @Charlie Misonne 

I have a strange case regarding the "Resolution" vs striketrough.

I do the post function login on all our workflows, when exiting from a state that had the resolution set, the post function clears the resolution. I have it working on all workflows we have. It works fine, and on all cases the striketrough is gone if we move to one of those states.

Except this one case I'm having now, I have an Epic, that some time ago was in a resolution set state, but it went back to a state that clears the resolution but the Epic keeps acting as if it has the resolution set, it's striketrough and also is not showed on a plan that doesen't show resolved cards.

As you can see on the pics in attach.

You can see the post function, the card state, the history...

What can be happening here?

Thank you very much

Kind regards

FilipeResoltution4.pngResoltution1.pngResoltution3.pngResoltution2.png

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2023

Hi Filipe,

If you create a new question for this it will have more visibility. But I'll try to answer here.

Are you sure the epic issue type uses the same workflow?

Filipe Dias April 19, 2023

Hello Charlie.

Yes, it's the same workflow.

I don't understand this behavior.

1 vote
Aylin Kohls
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2021

Hi Ahfaaz!

Jira strikethrough issues summaries when its resolution is different from unresolved, no mather its status.

I hoppe this was useful for you.

Regards, Aylin.

Pooja Gopal October 26, 2021

how can i change the resolution of my ticket

Suggest an answer