Straight Instructions for JIRA on Tom cat

Ok I have been at this for a while. I am having all type of issues. JIRA and JAVA installed on windows 2012r2. On its nown drive so E drive instead of C: the rest of the apth is the same. I cannot get JAVA_HOME variable set jira says its the wrong version. I finnally got the Keystore cert imported and the JIRA config tool takes it but I try to start the service it bombs out. I am thinking now its a tom cat issue. I cannot find a straigt answer to this can someome please assist here?

6 answers

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Champion Jul 24, 2017

Can you provide error logs?

Yeah whick one will be the most helpful

The application-home log. This is usually located in /atlassian/application-data/jira/log/atlassian-jira.log

I dont have that log 

catalina.2017-07-24

commons-daemon.2017-07-24

jirasoftware240117124058-stderr.2017-07-24

host-manager.2017-07-24

jirasoftware240117124058-stdout.2017-07-24

localhost.2017-07-24

manager.2017-07-24

those are what in there.

0 votes

Catalina will do, but it's concerning you can't find the home-folder/log/atlassian-jira.log file. Can you post the errors that occur during startup from the catalina.log file?

I think this is why 

24-Jul-2017 13:07:01.710 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: E:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\bin;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;;.

24-Jul-2017 13:50:14.438 SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start The required Server component failed to start so Tomcat is unable to start.
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardServer[8005]]
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:167)

I changed the path environment variable and added te Jira jre location. Now that went away and I am getting this for every property in the connector string in the server.xml 

24-Jul-2017 14:02:36.790 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule.begin [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property 'SSLEnabled' to 'true' did not find a matching property.

Whats the best way to post the data in there. It wont let me says its spam?

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jul 24, 2017

Will it let you if you click on Formats>Code Block and paste in there?

No still says spam

I changed the protocol to protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol". Now the service will start but I am getting this error. in a browser

JIRA — Internal Server Error

JIRA — Internal Server Error

Error reference: 081cc7f3-9a97-4a72-bef5-df9447a7273a

Unable to render full error details at this time. Please consult the error logs for more information.

still getting this error.

24-Jul-2017 14:12:00.700 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: E:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\bin;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;;.

OK now heres the issue I downloaded the tomcat lib files and driver it was expecting. All the erros have went away except for one. Now I am getting

Followed this article and this bug. It does not say where to add the  disableSessionTickets="true"  I assumed in the connectorin in the server.xml. That did not work Any thoughts?

WARNING [https-openssl-nio-443-exec-10] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessor.populateSslRequestAttributes Exception getting SSL attributes
java.lang.IllegalStateException: SSL session ID not available

OK I am up and running. After adding the tomcat-native files so the location it was looking at it now works.. The error I got above was because I forgot to add the domain at the end of the connection string.

Now I am just getting an cert error but I will figure that out.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,988 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot