Story points

Alexandra Grudzien
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 21, 2024

We use kanban board today with strypoints. How can Jira count all the story points? Where do I do that or is it only possible to do it manually? 

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2024

Hello @Alexandra Grudzien 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Are you working with issues in a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project?

Are you using a Kanban board with or without a Backlog screen enabled?

Where are you hoping to have the story point information displayed?

Alexandra Grudzien
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 22, 2024

Hi @Trudy Claspill ! Sorry, I am new at this company and I am trying to understand how this project is build.

• Are you working with issues in a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project?
    • I am not sure…. How can I easy check this?
  • Are you using a Kanban board with or without a Backlog screen enabled?
    • Same here, I am not sure…. How can I easy check this?
  • Where are you hoping to have the story point information displayed?
    • I would like it to be able to count all the story point and create a burndownchart in the report function. 
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2024

Hello @Alexandra Grudzien 

You can find the project type information on the View All Projects page under the Projects menu.

If the Backlog screen is enabled you would see an option named Backlog in the navigation panel on the left.

Unfortunately Jira doesn't offer a project level Burndown chart natively. You would need to look at third party apps that offer more reports. Those can be found in the Atlassian Marketplace. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com

Like Alexandra Grudzien likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events