Story Link for Tasks

Does anyone know if its possible to add a field "Story Link" to use in a similar fashion to Epic Link? 

Thanks

1 answer

0 vote

Epic Link is a special system field added by Jira Software.  There's no Story Link field, but there's nothing to stop you adding standard links (and even defining a link type for it)

Thanks for this response. Would it be possible to tell me the steps to achieve this? 

Go to Admin -> Issues -> Issue links and add a new issue link type.  Then you'll be able to use it when selecting "link issue" from the issue view.

Thanks for this, however I don't seem to have the option "Issue Links" under Issues, sorry for the ignorance, am i missing something simple? Will this then allow me to add it as a field on the task to link it within the Story --> Epic hierachy?

No, stuff moves in admin and I struggle to remember where things are in different versions.

Try typing "links" into the admin search box, or use . to pop the search up.

Great thanks i've found that now. The lady who is asking me to do this work seems to think in her old organisation where there was an option to click "Epic Link" from add field they also had "Story Link" i've searched the forums but everywhere I read say its not possible. 

There is only the Epic link.  She may have been using a system where an add-on or hack provides some form of Story Link, but I'm not aware of any in the marketplace that might do it.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

477 views 6 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you