Story Link for Tasks

Jon Lavercombe December 12, 2017

Does anyone know if its possible to add a field "Story Link" to use in a similar fashion to Epic Link? 

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2017

Epic Link is a special system field added by Jira Software.  There's no Story Link field, but there's nothing to stop you adding standard links (and even defining a link type for it)

Thanks for this response. Would it be possible to tell me the steps to achieve this? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2017

Go to Admin -> Issues -> Issue links and add a new issue link type.  Then you'll be able to use it when selecting "link issue" from the issue view.

Thanks for this, however I don't seem to have the option "Issue Links" under Issues, sorry for the ignorance, am i missing something simple? Will this then allow me to add it as a field on the task to link it within the Story --> Epic hierachy?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2017

No, stuff moves in admin and I struggle to remember where things are in different versions.

Try typing "links" into the admin search box, or use . to pop the search up.

Great thanks i've found that now. The lady who is asking me to do this work seems to think in her old organisation where there was an option to click "Epic Link" from add field they also had "Story Link" i've searched the forums but everywhere I read say its not possible. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2017

There is only the Epic link.  She may have been using a system where an add-on or hack provides some form of Story Link, but I'm not aware of any in the marketplace that might do it.

Suggest an answer