Stories by Owner in Board Quick Filter

BernardH August 7, 2017

I currently have my board configured to sort by stories. However I want to create a quick filter that shows just two simple things: Story and Assignee. I want to do this in a way that the Scrum Master does not have to click on the story itself to open the side bar to see who the current assignee of the story is. 

My view shows each of the swimlanes, story number, status, # of sub-tasks, and Summary title. How do I add Assignee?  It would be great to have it between Status and # of subtasks.

Thoughts

Thanks

bernard

3 answers

0 votes
Prem Chudzinski _extensi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 13, 2017

Hi @BernardH

Use our add-on Agile Board Filter - that will simplify your filtering issues

board filtering.png

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2017

If your board's swimlanes are based on Stories and you apply a filter that excludes subtasks (like type=Story) then the swimlanes will have no subtasks to show, and therefore, nothing will be shown in that board.

BernardH August 7, 2017

I am doing that on purpose. I only want to see the story and the owner show up on the card in the view. That view is used for a specific purpose and not as a general view for all team members. 

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2017

Try your quick filter after setting your board simlanes to "no swimlanes".

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2017

The assignee is supposed to be commicated based on the user icon. I think if you go to Board Settings -> Card Layout you should be able to add the actual name to the card as well.

BernardH August 7, 2017

I thought the same thing, but if I put IssueType=Story then there is no card presented, it simply becomes a line item in the list. I still have to click on the Issue Number to get the right side bar to open and show the assignee. I will play around, maybe I am missing something. Thanks for the suggestion Boris

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2017

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 1.16.11 PM.pngSeems to work for me? Quick filter enabled, and assignee listed.

BernardH August 7, 2017

I think the difference is that I am not using the built in filter: Only My Issues.

My filter should only need to be IssueType=Story because I am not interested in any child cards like subtasks or bugs. I don't see a card, I only see a list of stories. The only card I actually see which shows the assignes is the single card in the other sview. Even when I add the Assignee into the card layout it does not show correctly.

Because I am saying IssueType=Story only I don't expect to see the list of subtasks, I just want to see story and owner (assignee). It is really just an attempt to make it easier to see who is owning a story without having to make extra clicks.

I wonder how I get the card view to show up for other cards other than the ones in the others issue view. I am missing something basic here.pic1.PNG

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2017

Your proboem isn't your filter, it's your swimlane configuration. Go to Board Settings -> Swimlanes and set it to something other than Stories. 

BernardH August 7, 2017

Yea....that is what I was looking to avoid :) I can't have the best of both worlds.

Thanks for the help!

Suggest an answer