Stop Issues being automatically reassigned

Eoin Flynn July 18, 2021

Hi,

We're using Jira Work Management to handle project related tasks and I'm having an problem where issues are being reassigned to me when I change their status from "To do" to "In Progess". Is there a way to stop the issues being reassigned when I change their status, as I need to be able to update people's tickets to reflect their status during meetings? We have no automation rules setup that would perform this task.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ashu Tyagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2021

@Eoin Flynn  It seems like you are using postfunction which is applied to transition in between "To do" to "In Progress". I will suggest to get in touch with your Jira admin (If you are not Jira Admin) and ask him to either modify the postfunction or remove it so it does not automatically assign issue to the user who makes the transition.

In case you are not using any postfunction then i will suggest to check if you are using any automation rules in your project

Eoin Flynn July 20, 2021

Thanks @ASHU TYAGI . There was a postfunction setup on the transition by default which was changing the assignee.

Like Ashu Tyagi likes this
Kimberly Anderson May 11, 2023

Which default postfunction makes that change?  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events