Status name change affecting all workflows

Kyttn July 31, 2019

In system settings, inside the "issues" tab there is a category called "statuses". Statuses lists the status names along with all the workflows that are associated with that status. 

My question is, if I revert the status back to what it should be called in this menu will it fix all associated statuses as well? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Mustac
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
July 31, 2019

Hi Rhya

Yes, at the System level you will see the statuses across all projects. If you edit a status name here, it will automatically be updated within all its associated workflows. For example, if i edit a status name in the System view, when i look at the associated workflow in a related project, i can see the updated status name:

image.pngHope that helps :) 

Kyttn July 31, 2019

You're wonderful. I wanted to make sure that this was a solution because I could not find any information on reverting status name changes like this. That you : ) 

John Mustac
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
August 1, 2019

My pleasure. And you may or may not know, you can also change the status names that are displayed to your customers when they view their tickets on the portal. This is a very useful approach to keep things simple for your customers.

Suggest an answer