Status Category Changed date

Jacqueline N McCluer February 10, 2021

Can someone give me some background behind what is Status Category Changed date mean? I am trying to pull weekly data on my team productivity and how many Jira are getting move from one column to another. 

Thank you 

4 answers

4 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2021

It is what it says on the tin! 

Every status belongs to one of four groups; to do, in progress, done and no category (try to avoid that one)

The statusCategoryChangedDate is simply the last time the issue moved from a status in one category to a status in another.

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- so this filter applies to the status level, but not the category level correct? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2021

No, that's the opposite of what I said. 

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  oh ok thanks for clarifying it. Does Jira has the capability of pull weekly data by on status level? because we want to see what we prioritized on a week and what we completed in a week and able to track the outliner issues are getting add between that week. 

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  oh ok thanks for clarifying it. Does Jira has the capability of pull weekly data by on status level? because we want to see what we prioritized on a week and what we completed in a week and able to track the outliner issues are getting add between that week. 

Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 18, 2021

Hello @Jacqueline N McCluer 

As an alternative, you can try a third-party add-on - Time in Status for Jira Cloud, which generates 7 types of reports, including a Time in Status report and a Status Entrance Date report.

A Time in Status report helps you to monitor how long each issue has been spent in each status. 

2021-02-18_13-27-17.png

A Status Entrance Date report shows the date when an issue has entered to each status.

statusentrancedate.png

Both these reports you can export as CSV or XLSX files easily.

I hope you find it helpful.

Best regards, Mariana

1 vote
Mehmet A _Bloompeak_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 18, 2024

Hi @Jacqueline N McCluer

As an alternative, you can try Status Time Reports app developed by our team. It mainly provides reports and gadgets based on how much time passed in each status.

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try without installing the app.

To get a report of status transition dates, you can have a look at Status Count And Entry Dates report. Entry date(see In Development, Ready for Testing, In Testing, In Development columns.) is status transition date and status count(see #In Development, #Ready for Testing, #In Testing, #In Development columns) is how many times an issue is entered to this status.

To get a report of how much time passed on each status, you can have a look at Time in Status for Each Issue report.

App Features:

• This app has a dynamic status grouping feature so that you can generate various valuable reports as time in status, time in assignee, status entry dates and status counts, cycle time and lead time, resolution time, average/sum reports by any field(e.g. average in progress time by project, average cycle time by issue creation month).
  • You can search issues by Project, Issue Type, Status, Assignee, Issue Creation/Resolution Date(and any other Date field) and JQL Query.
  • Status durations are calculated according to the working calendar you define. Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days.
  • You can set different duration formats.
  • You can export reports in CSV file format and open them in MS Excel.
  • You can also add this app as a gadget to your Jira dashboards and reach “Status Time” from Issue Detail page.
  • You can enable/disable access to Status Time reports&gadgets and Issue Detail page per project, users, groups or project role.

For further details, you can have a look at Status Time Reports How to Videos.

If you are looking for a completely  free solution, you can try the limited version Status Time Reports Free.

If you have any questions, feel free to schedule a demo with us.

Hope it helps.

1 vote
Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
July 17, 2024

I see the question is from quite a bit of time, but I thought it would be helpful for Jacqueline or users in a similar use case to know they can deep dive into the Atlassian Marketplace for a solution to their visualization problems! They'll definitely find incredible apps for any use case.

Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
July 18, 2024

I hope you’ve been able to achieve what you were looking for.

In case you still haven't found the solution, and given that other vendors have suggested apps, I'd like to also introduce our app, Dashboard Hub Pro, so you have an understanding of what the full spectrum of Time in Status reports looks like :)

Dashboard Hub Pro enhances your reporting capabilities with detailed and customizable Time in Status reports and custom charts, combining data from multiple sources, giving you a clear and detailed view of your workflow.

DashboardHubPro.png

Hope it helps!

0 votes
Gizem Gökçe _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
July 18, 2024

Hello @Jacqueline N McCluer ,

The required data is available in each issue's history but you will need to go through every issue one by one to dig out this data or create your automated solution by using Jira REST API. Lastly, the best and the easiest way to achieve that data is to use a marketplace app to get ready-to-go reports. Good news that report is available in our application where you can directly learn the transition dates without having to deal with Jira issue histories. The app is Timepiece (formerly Time in Status) , the oldest and leading Time in Status app in Atlassian Marketplace, which is built by my team at OBSS. It is available for both Jira Cloud, and Data Center. 

You can use the date-based reports to see the transition dates from/to a status. In the screenshot below you can see the transition dates of the issues to each status. I think this report will be spot on for your needs.

Report Types FT to Status Date.png

Visit Timepiece (formerly Time in Status) to explore and enjoy a 30-day free trial to experience the full range of features.

If you wish, you can also schedule a live demo. We will provide a comprehensive overview of the application and address any inquiries you may have.

Hope it helps,

Gizem

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events