Status A to Status B time report

Andrew Guliver December 29, 2013

Hi,

I am looking for something similiar like Resolution time gadget in JIRA. The difference is, taht I would like to set manually starting and ending status, between which the time would be meassured. I am interested in monthly reporst with average time. Does anything like this exist? Thanks for any help!

11 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

4 votes
Answer accepted
David Goldstein
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2014

Unfortunately, there's nothing built into JIRA that'll give you what you asked for. But if you are open to trying out a commercial add-on for JIRA, our Arsenale Dataplane reporting plugin is for just this sort of advanced reporting when you need something other than the simple JIRA reports and gadgets.

Here's how easy it is to get what you need with Dataplane:

1. select the Dataplane Time from Status to Status report
  2. choose your report options:
    1. select which project, issues, filter or JQL query you want to use
    2. select your dates: e.g. any arbitrary time period, Last Month, This Month, Last Quarter, Year to Date
    3. pick any starting status and ending status
  3. run the report

Tada! You get a nice chart and data table with all the stats you need, including average, max and minimum times between the two statuses. Save the report to be able to easily re-run it. And as you requested, any saved report can be added to your JIRA dashboard as a gadget.

Here's what the chart would look like on your JIRA dashboard...

And another version where I broke down the results by issue type...

In these charts the plotted line shows you the average transition time, and the light-colored "envelope" extending up and down from the plotted line shows you the max and minimum transition times found in the data for that time period so you can easily see outliers.

Andrew Guliver January 5, 2014

Thank you for your reply, that is what I was looking for!

1 vote
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 4, 2019

Hi,

You can try app Time Between Statuses.  It allows set manually starting and ending status, between which the time would be measured.

Also here you can set time limits. When time limits are exceeded, it will be visually allocated for a specific issue of the project.

This report is available for export as XLSX or CSV file, which data you can analyze more detail, including calculating the average time.

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 12, 2021

Hi All

You may want to try out the plugin, Agile Tools : Epic Tree & Time in Status 

It provides 3 major functionalities in one add-on

• Multiple Time in Status Reports
    • Time in Status
    • Time with Assignee
    • Time in Status with Assignee
    • Time with Assignee per Status
    • Status/Assignee Count
    • Multiple Transition Reports
  • Epic Hierarchy / Sum Up (Standard Jira Hierarchy Epic -> Story -> SubTask)
  • Link Hierarchy / Sum Up (Hierarchy based on your issue link, upto 10 level deep)

TISwA-5-Apr.PNG

Epic Hierarchy Screen_Cloud_Latest.PNG

Link Hierarchy.PNG

0 votes
Alexander Bondarchuk February 18, 2021

I've found out that the default Report Control Chart might help to solve the question. Just disable statuses you don't need in the chart -- so you'll see time from status A to Status B as asked. 

Unfortunately, it is not possible to export data, but you can visualise data on the plot. This is quite useful. 

0 votes

Hi, 

We sell the SQL+JQL Driver app (available for Server and Data Center) and it is very easy to build that kind of report.

As it is standard SQL you can get the exact data and with the exact format as needed.

If you are interested in it, the installation is 1-click and there is an example for time in status. So you can check if it meets your needs in a few minutes and with a few clicks.

Bests,

Pablo

0 votes
Shawn Nolan July 15, 2020

I'm also looking for this, anything on this?

0 votes
Anna Jonson -SaaSJet- July 11, 2019

@ledonjennifer welcome to the community!

If you are using a cloud version of Jira, our app Time in status for Jira Cloud by SaaSJet may be useful for you.

At this plugin you can add or hide columns with statuses witch data you need to calculate. Also, you can use functional "status groups" for selecting columns you want to group and you'll get one column with summed data from your previously selected columns.

It generates such reports (all of them are available for export):

- the duration of time issue was at each of the statuses.

- average time in status for each issue

- the amount of transitions issue went from status to status and number of times task was in a specific status

Additionally, this app will show you: Assignee time, Status Entrance Date and Time in Status per Date.

All data from reports you can view as tables or as charts.

Best regards,

Anna

SaaSJet

0 votes
ledonjennifer July 4, 2019

As I understood all solutions here for the server version. How to get the amount of time issue spent at status for Jira Cloud?

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2018

Our Great Gadgets add-on offers a Cycle Trend Gadget that might be helpful for you. It uses a Jira filter as input can can be configured to calculate lead time,  cycle time or time between two statuses that you can specify. The gadget can also display a data table (report), which contains the cycle of every issue.

0 votes
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 30, 2013
Issue History Collector is free add-on and provides report, issue tab and custom field.
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 30, 2013
0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2013

Hey Andrew

The following FAQ article will help you to fulfil your requirement:

Andrew Guliver December 30, 2013

Hi Daryl,

I know about these two plugins, but as far as I know, any of them is able to provide report I require... or am I wrong? I mean - imagine this workflow - Status A -> Status B -> Status C and I need report of time between Status A to Status C for all tickets every month

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question