Status A to Status B time report

Hi,

I am looking for something similiar like Resolution time gadget in JIRA. The difference is, taht I would like to set manually starting and ending status, between which the time would be meassured. I am interested in monthly reporst with average time. Does anything like this exist? Thanks for any help!

3 answers

1 accepted

Unfortunately, there's nothing built into JIRA that'll give you what you asked for. But if you are open to trying out a commercial add-on for JIRA, our Arsenale Dataplane reporting plugin is for just this sort of advanced reporting when you need something other than the simple JIRA reports and gadgets.

Here's how easy it is to get what you need with Dataplane:

1. select the Dataplane Time from Status to Status report
  2. choose your report options:
    1. select which project, issues, filter or JQL query you want to use
    2. select your dates: e.g. any arbitrary time period, Last Month, This Month, Last Quarter, Year to Date
    3. pick any starting status and ending status
  3. run the report

Tada! You get a nice chart and data table with all the stats you need, including average, max and minimum times between the two statuses. Save the report to be able to easily re-run it. And as you requested, any saved report can be added to your JIRA dashboard as a gadget.

Here's what the chart would look like on your JIRA dashboard...

And another version where I broke down the results by issue type...

In these charts the plotted line shows you the average transition time, and the light-colored "envelope" extending up and down from the plotted line shows you the max and minimum transition times found in the data for that time period so you can easily see outliers.

Thank you for your reply, that is what I was looking for!

0 votes
Daryl Chuah Atlassian Team Dec 29, 2013

Hey Andrew

The following FAQ article will help you to fulfil your requirement:

Hi Daryl,

I know about these two plugins, but as far as I know, any of them is able to provide report I require... or am I wrong? I mean - imagine this workflow - Status A -> Status B -> Status C and I need report of time between Status A to Status C for all tickets every month

Issue History Collector is free add-on and provides report, issue tab and custom field.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,128 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot