Statistics for Labels

Ed Kay February 15, 2012

I wonder whether there is a method for getting statistics or reports based on ticket labels?

For instance, the Issue Statistics dashboard gadget does not seem to support 'labels' as a statistic to report on - though this would be the perfect solution for my needs.

Is there another gadget I could use, or another method to get this kind of information?

I am a lowly tester basically trying to find a method of tracking which tickets are bugs, and which of those 'bugs' are code faults, which are change requests from our fickle designers, how many iterations of testing are required etc. but I can't really use the Status or Priority fields due to the way that our team have set up the project workflow.

As far as I can work out, we are on JIRA version 4.0.2 which probably won't be to my advantage.

Any comments/suggestions gratefully received!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2012

Hi Ed,

you can create a filter with JQL, for example "labels = faults". Save this filter and use it in your gadgets to see only the issues related to this label.

I hope, this is working in 4.0.2. It is working in 4.3.4 ;-)

Ed Kay February 16, 2012

Thanks Thomas

Unfortunately I think your solution is the only way to go, althogh I had hoped to avoid it! I can set up the Favourite Filters gadget to dispay the list of queries and get a 'total results' for each. I guess it is similar to the Statistics gadget, though far more fiddly and less informative.

I'll give it a try and see how I get on.

Thanks again!

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2012

If you have confluence, and a jira sql access enabled, then a combination or {sql} macro and {chart} macro could help you out to pull out the data from the Jira tables.

Nimesh Shah September 28, 2018

Could you put / show some example or sample? or any reference link?

2 votes
Raimonds Simanovskis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2012

You can try eazyBI reporting application for JIRA where you will have separate Label "dimension" and you will be able to easily create issue reports and charts by labels as well as by any other JIRA issue stanrad or custom field.

Ed Kay February 28, 2012

Thanks Raimonds but we are using JIRA 4.0.2 which is not supported.

Suggest an answer