Statistic about flow of Jira tickets through Kanban board

Tomaž Aljaž November 11, 2019

Hi,

I have created a Jira borad - kanban board with 4 states: ToDo, In progress, In testing, Done.

I'd like to investigate flow through the development cycle and know how long it was needed to move a Jira ticket from "In progress" to "In testing" and how much it took from "In testing" to "Done" or if even if the ticket was moved back to "In progress" and then moved to "In testing" and "Done".

In short, I'd like to have possibility to see statistics of the flow of Jira tickets going through Kanban board.

2 answers

0 votes
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2019

Hi @Tomaž Aljaž ,

Welcome to Community !

With the help of Time in Status app you will be get the time in status for the issues.

4b5bd0b5-41d4-4445-ad25-128986b636aa.png

Thanks,

Avinash

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2019

Hi @Tomaž Aljaž , yep this is an often asked question. Basically you are looking for 'time in status' and while you can actually see this info in the History of a given issue you cannot really track as metrics; at least OOTB. You are likely going to want/need an addon for this. While I haven't used it myself, I see folks reference Time in Status

I also see there is a free addon that might be worth exploring - time-in-status-field that you may wish to try out. I wish it was available in cloud so I could as well.

there are other solutions where you could have a lot of date fields for each status to convey when it entered the status but that is messy IMO.

Suggest an answer