State Auto-transition based on Custom Field Value

Hi All,

We have a requirement say, depending on the value of a Custom Field the story should Auto-Transition from one state to other state.

Example:- Assume the story is in Dev Integration Test state, at this point a custom field drop down (QA Integration Test) with Yes / No values is set. If the custom field value is set to Yes the story should auto-transition to QA Integration Test, if No to Move To QA Test state.

Solutions are most welcomed and much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
venkat

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

You'll need to write a listener plugin to do this (or use the Script Runner, which allows you to code without having to write a whole new plugin)

I've said to use a listener because that can detect and run on any event you chose to trap. It sounds like you probably want to trap "edit" and then check the status and custom field valures. It's also a nightmare trying to trigger a second transition in a post-function - don't even think about trying that! I've yet to see one work at all.

Thank You Nic for the valuable information

You can also use JJupin for that. Auto-transitioning an issue through the workflow is as easy as writing

autotransition(<transition_name_or_id>, <issueKey>);

You can either run this in a Listener (created with JJupin as well) or directly as a post-function (I see Nic hasn't tried JJupin yet).

HTH

Hi Florin, I don't have the exact same situation, but similar lines

Whenever an issue is created it has a "Draft" status. the next status it transitions into is "Waiting for approval" and then "approved"

I want the issue to automatically transition from "Draft" to "Approved" if a certain field has a specified value. In this case, the field is Type and value is "Standard".

So if the issue is of the type "Standard" then it should go from "Draft" to "Approved" else it should follow its natural route.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,767 views 18 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you