Staging Environment

Yuval Maron March 31, 2021

Hey,

I'll be happy to know what's the best way to set up a staging environment in Jira DC.

Also, is it possible to auto copy all the configuration, custom fields, workflows etc. between the two environments.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 vote
Fabio Oliveira Silva March 31, 2021

@Yuval Maron  This guide is the best that I know that can help you. If you can make a VM snapshot copy the things can be easier, but make sure that there is not service that starts Jira on VM startup and edit the settings that point to the production database, and disable email settings both incoming and outgoing

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/creating-a-test-environment-for-jira-966063324.html

Yuval Maron April 19, 2021

@Fabio Oliveira Silva Hey, thanks for that but It doesn't suggest any way of copying all the plug-ins data which is one of our main issues with doing that.

Is there any solution for it? 

Fabio Oliveira Silva June 13, 2022

@Yuval Maron for staging enrivonment with plug-ins/App data copy, there is no better way than copy/snapshot VM/database and disabling email settings, and redirecting database settings to the new database. I think it is something that anyone from your IT/DevOps team can do it to you

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events