Sprint velocity chart not showing completed story points

Kara Hopkins August 8, 2022

We recently moved to working in sprints and for both sprints 1 and 2 the velocity chart is not showing any completed story points.

We have completed points in both sprints.

I have checked that the velocity chart is associated with the correct board, could it be something to do with the filter query for the board:

project = FB AND (Status != Closed OR status = Closed AND sprint in openSprints() AND resolution in (done, fixed)) ORDER BY Rank ASC

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2022

Hi @Kara Hopkins 

The board filter determines what is visible in the backlog, on the board, and on the reports.  In addition for Scrum boards, the assigned sprint for issues further impacts the, backlog, board, and reporting.

Looking at the board filter you listed, your "closed" issues would need to be in open sprints to display, which they are not when the sprint completes.  Perhaps try simplifying your filter to this as a start:

project = FB ORDER BY Rank ASC

Kind regards,
Bill

Kara Hopkins August 9, 2022

Thank you Bill, that worked.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
0 votes
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2022

Hi @Kara Hopkins - it looks like the main reason for this issue is the sprint is being started and then stories are being estimated in the sprint or adding/changing story points once the sprint started. There is a posted answer to this question posted ack in 2018 here and I hope this helps! 

Kara Hopkins August 9, 2022

Thanks for your reply, this wasn't the reason in the end, it was the filter query I was using for the board.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events