I have searched for a resolution on the community here, couldn't find a solution for my scenario.
I have a user story with 7 subtasks and all in Done status(we mark the subtasks as done once completed). But, when I try to complete the sprint I am prompted with the " Sprint cannot be completed as there are incomplete subtasks on the following issues:"
Check if the resolution of the issues us set. You can do this by using tge basic search and selecting your projrct the issue type subtask and resolution =empty
If there are issues found which are also in your current sprint then this is the reason for your problem.
You can fix this by fixing the corresponding wirkflow. A how to is found here :
With kind regards
I guess that's a good trick to work around this.
I have found another issue with cloned subtask. if I run a filter for project = blah and sprint = 3 or something all issues other than subtasks shows up but the cloned subtasks also got mixed in there which is weird. anyway, seems like cloned subtasks just keep some weird state information in there that doesn't get updated. I will just be no lazy and manually type in all the info and restrain from cloning subtasks.
yes they are. so I finally figured out the problem. at least for my issue, I have sub tasks that were clones of completed sub tasks in current sprint. even though the cloned sub tasks were in backlog and future sprints. for some reason they both retained current sprint somewhere (but not showing up in the web page view of the sub tasks). so they all show up as not done even though they were never in the current sprint. I ended up deleting all the cloned sub tasks and manually re-created them. Then I can finally complete the current sprint.
Ah,ok, that makes a lot of sense - you'd got issues that were flagged as complete while not being complete because parts of them (sub-tasks) were not.
Getting rid of the sub-tasks fixed it, but it's probably not the right thing to do - the best thing to do here would be stopping people flagging issues as complete when they're not because bits of the (sub-tasks) are not.
No that wasn't the problem, maybe I didn't explain clearly. Here is what happened
Doing so will prevent current sprint from completing even though all subtasks (including A) and all issues are complete (there is even an popup saying all issues are completed). The error popup shows that the story in future sprint has incomplete subtasks. That story was never in the current sprint. The problem was caused by subtask B that somehow held on to a sprint value of current sprint even thought it's not showing that. Deleting subtask B and manually recreate it in the future sprint fixes the problem.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events