Sprint based reporting for developers workload

Puneet Ruparel August 24, 2022

Hello!

I am trying to create a report/dashboard that tells me the amount of work taken on by each developer in the current sprint. Is there anyway to create that?

Thank you.

Best,
Puneet Ruparel

2 answers

1 vote
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 24, 2022

@Puneet Ruparel

If you consider using a plugin I would suggest ActivityTimeline.

ActivityTimeline provides resource planning and availability on a timeline view. You can track tasks progress, workload, and availability for each employee taking into consideration the part-time, full-time, or even different work schemes for users, and holidays. Workload or availability could be calculated for individuals or teams on the same view.

Best, Nataliya,

ActivityTimeline Team

Is there a gadget that can help with this? @Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_ 

Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 24, 2022

@Puneet Ruparel as the plugin only, not a gadget 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There's not a lot built into Jira that can help you with this, because it is not an Agile thing to do - sprints are executed by teams, not individuals.

Best you can do is the workload reports, but they don't directly report on sprints.

Is there a gadget that can help with this? @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

Not that I know of.  As I said, this is because it's not a good practice to micromanage a team like that.

Puneet Ruparel August 25, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- - The purpose of the dashboard is for higher management to take a stock of the current work that each developer is doing not necessarily micromanage.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2022

That is a definition of micromanagement.

Puneet Ruparel August 29, 2022

Not here to argue with anyone. So I am going to drop the discussion. 

Like Arvind Soni likes this

Suggest an answer