Sprint - Incomplete issues based on resolution

Carlos Henriques August 22, 2022

Hi,

I was about to close a Jira Sprint and it alerted me that I had 10 incomplete issues. I checked the board and all issues were in the final status (Closed) so I found it odd.

I ran a JQL and found that I had 10 bugs in the sprint that had a resolution different from Done (Won't Do and Cannot Reproduce).

Is this a recent change? I don't remember Jira considering incomplete issues based on resolution, and it also doesn't make sense because although the issues were not resolved they are still closed. 

Is this a new behavior?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Bharathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2022

Hi @Carlos Henriques,

I don't think this is because of the issue resolution. Can you run a JQL filter for the sprint without any other query terms and validate if there are any other issues incorrectly mapped to this sprint? Also, check the sprint report which will also help you identify the underlying issue.

Let us know how this turns out.

Thanks!

Hi @Bharathi ,

You're right. It's 10 test cases from Zephyr that are not visible on the board that someone wrongly assigned to the sprint.

The confusion here was caused by the number of issues: 10, which was the same number of issues with a different resolution :)

Thanks for the help.

Like Bharathi likes this
0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

Hi @Carlos Henriques 

You don't need to set a resolution for the issue to be seen as complete (although this is best practice).

Perhaps seeing as these were all the same issue type, your Bugs may be using a different workflow to other issues you use within your sprints. Were all of these bugs in a status which is mapped to the final column of the Jira board? This is the criteria for a sprint board to recognise the issue as complete, so you may need to go into your board settings and then ensure all of the statuses which are the 'final' status (across all workflows used by the board) are mapped to the final column of the board

Hi @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_ ,

Although the bugs have a different workflow from the stories, the last status is the same for all of them > Closed. And the 10 bugs have that status.

The only difference is that instead of having a Resolution=Done they have a Resolution="Cannot Reproduce" or Resolution="Won't Do".

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events